We’re hiring. Field Service Engineer
Advanced Hospital Solutions are a total solutions provider for healthcare infrastructure and clinical equipment, from supply and installation of complex projects to multi-year service and maintenance provision.
Due to continued success we have an exciting opportunity within the Operations team to become part of a key area in a rapidly growing business.
We are looking for an experienced Field service engineer to join the team to carry out service and maintenance and installation activities with regards to medical infrastructure and clinical equipment on customer sites.
As a field service engineer, you will be located within the North of England. You will have experience within a similar industry and previous experience as a service engineer. Although your workload will predominantly be working within Northern England, you must be comfortable travelling throughout the UK and potentially staying away at times.
Full training will be provided.
Ideally you will have previous experience working in a similar role and be able to demonstrate the following skills:
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Scheduling of calls with customers as and when calls are allocated to the Engineer.
- Scheduling of Planned Preventative Maintenance on hospital sites within their area in accordance with the service level contract.
- Act as company ambassador when visiting customers.
- Feedback and act as champion between field activity, sales and senior management.
- Ensure all paperwork is in on time and accurate.
- Monitor and maintain health and safety in the workplace.
- Any other reasonable duty requested by either the Technical Manager or other members of Senior Management
- Setting up of exhibitions (with the potential to be part of the exhibition staff)
- Experience of electrical and electronic fault finding
- An understanding of medical infrastructure & clinical equipment, IPS/UPS, surgical lights, supply units, UCV etc
- Strong mechanical fitting skills
- Ability to self-manage deadlines & deliverables
- Good written English
- Ability to problem solve
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to liaise with colleagues & customers
- Strong team spirit and willing to support colleagues as necessary
- Ability to adapt quickly & embrace changes
- High focus on continued development by adapting & learning new techniques
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Experience of networked systems
must have one of the following qualifications or equivalent:
- BEng (Hons) degree (Electrical or Electronic, or equivalent) #
- HNC, HND
- City and Guilds
- Extensive experience of electrical and/or electronic engineering
- Experience of working to KPI’s to meet Service Level Agreements
- A knowledge of the principles of Health and Safety
- Good IT skills including the use of Outlook and the ability to work with an iPad
As well as your technical skills, you will have excellent communication and customer service skills to enable you to provide the exemplary level of service we strive to offer. Therefore, your personality, enthusiasm, energy and positivity are essential for us to build long term relationships with our customers and ultimately play a key role in driving the business forward.
If you would like to be considered for any future position please fill in the form below and attach a copy of your CV including a cover letter.